Author Topic: Hard decision  (Read 447 times)

rottentomatomy

• Penghuni
  • I Love Putra Mahkota
Hard decision
« on: 22 Sep, 02:41:11 PM »
I'm after a bit of advice from you all hoping someone could help me with making a tough choice of whether or not I should go for a big chop. Here's why.

The last few years my hair just stopped growing, I was going through some personal stuff which took its toll on my mental health and I stopped caring for my hair. This resulted in a lot of breakages and splitting of the ends of my hair as well as lack of proper care made them really dry and eventually damaged and so I've been trimming to stop more damage happening.

My hair at the base of neck is "normal" but about 3 inches past that it's thin due to all the breakages I've had throughout the years. My longest strand is touching tailbone but only 15 strands have reached that length.

It's quite depressing to see the way my hair looks and I'm wondering if I should just chop it or should I persevere and keep going. It doesn't help me and my sister both started growing our hair around the same time from the same length, she has thick long even hair touching butt crack whilst mine is thin and looks stringy with hairs at every length looking frayed.

Has anyone else been in this situation, if so what did you do or would do? I feel hopeless.

montyashley

• Pemastautin
Re: Hard decision
« Reply #1 on: 23 Sep, 05:44:39 PM »
its actually sad to hv a pretty long hair but not healthy bcs i used to hv tht type of hair n its scare me alot. i think first thing what u need to do is try to eat n maintain only on healthy food. keep track on product tht u use and try to prevent too much chemical on ur head. just focus on ur scalp, like put organic hair oil on the scalp n quickly wash after n use good shampoo tht will provide nutrients n goods for ur scalp n hair

titipoh

• Penghuni
  • No. 20, BM6/1B
« Reply #2 on: 23 Sep, 06:04:25 PM »
I dont think if you cut your hair going to solves the problems. Maybe you can try another thing like eating supplements or workout that will give your body boost energy and feel healthy. You have to take care of your sleeping schedule eating time and watch over it. Drink lots of water and keep bottle water stay close to you so you wont forgot to stay hydrate. Try to eat healthy food and enough nutrients before taking any vitamin if worst probably you can see the doctor then they will know better. Whatever that is your mental health comes first then you will be better in any time, for product like shampoo I would suggest use something that will give nutrients on your hair

amyraros

• Penghuni
  • I Love Putra Mahkota
« Reply #3 on: 23 Sep, 08:02:21 PM »
it is indeed very hard to take care of our hair when we are not in a good state, i hope u can recover soon! but my advice is to start from inside, take care of your diet first then, u can use certain products to take care of ur hair laa. example, u can have supplements for hair and nails? that one works also

wahidan

• Penghuni
  • I Love Putra Mahkota
« Reply #4 on: 23 Sep, 08:05:39 PM »
it is indeed very hard to take care of our hair when we are not in a good state, i hope u can recover soon! but my advice is to start from inside, take care of your diet first then, u can use certain products to take care of ur hair laa. example, u can have supplements for hair and nails? that one works also

yeaa i agreee on this one. cuz we r what we eat rightt. so we need to take care of your body first. let say just eat more fruits or nuts that can help with hair growth! for supplement i would suggest blacksmores or 21st century. also keep urself hydrated. for shampoo i barely have a good one

montyashley

• Pemastautin
« Reply #5 on: 24 Sep, 08:48:59 PM »
I dont think if you cut your hair going to solves the problems. Maybe you can try another thing like eating supplements or workout that will give your body boost energy and feel healthy. You have to take care of your sleeping schedule eating time and watch over it. Drink lots of water and keep bottle water stay close to you so you wont forgot to stay hydrate. Try to eat healthy food and enough nutrients before taking any vitamin if worst probably you can see the doctor then they will know better. Whatever that is your mental health comes first then you will be better in any time, for product like shampoo I would suggest use something that will give nutrients on your hair
this is true. if anything need to focus on mental health first. after that u can go for product tht will help w the nutrients like safi shayla shampoo hv 11 esential oils tht hv nutrients helps with to soften hair and prevent drying on ur scalp or over oily after wash.
« Last Edit: 30 Sep, 02:10:27 PM by montyashley »

montyashley

• Pemastautin
« Reply #6 on: 24 Sep, 08:55:01 PM »
true! fruits and protein. can probably start from there then add on w other products. but if wants to use some product tht easy to use can try safi shayla supa smooth shampoo. this one can make ur hair hydrate and wont dry out ur hair this even suitable for hijabis.

titipoh

• Penghuni
  • No. 20, BM6/1B
« Reply #7 on: 24 Sep, 09:18:11 PM »

yeaa i agreee on this one. cuz we r what we eat rightt. so we need to take care of your body first. let say just eat more fruits or nuts that can help with hair growth! for supplement i would suggest blacksmores or 21st century. also keep urself hydrated. for shampoo i barely have a good one
Indeed. You can take supplement onnly when you need it. For shampoo I would recommend safi shayla supa smooth & fragrant this one will hydrate and provides superior silky softness for lightweight, softer, smoother, non oily & manageable hair with long lasting fragrance.

wahidan

• Penghuni
  • I Love Putra Mahkota
« Reply #8 on: 24 Sep, 11:06:45 PM »

Indeed. You can take supplement onnly when you need it. For shampoo I would recommend safi shayla supa smooth & fragrant this one will hydrate and provides superior silky softness for lightweight, softer, smoother, non oily & manageable hair with long lasting fragrance.
yeahh but dont overtake supplment also la. sometimes its too much sugar la and all. so kena jaga diet yg kita boleh trust la product nya.. ohh is safi very good? i heard about thm quite a lot. how long have u been using them?

amyraros

• Penghuni
  • I Love Putra Mahkota
« Reply #9 on: 24 Sep, 11:10:47 PM »
true! fruits and protein. can probably start from there then add on w other products. but if wants to use some product tht easy to use can try safi shayla supa smooth shampoo. this one can make ur hair hydrate and wont dry out ur hair this even suitable for hijabis.
ohh that sounds really interesting? i wanna try that too but probably need to wait my one to finish first. for ur hair product, do u use all from safi or separated products?

montyashley

• Pemastautin
« Reply #10 on: 25 Sep, 05:41:49 PM »
ohh that sounds really interesting? i wanna try that too but probably need to wait my one to finish first. for ur hair product, do u use all from safi or separated products?
for shampoo i use safi shayla supa smooth & fragrant, then the rest is from safi the leave on cream n hair mask from watson brand. its only when needed then i use the hair mask. but i do recc u to use the shampoo its really good w the long lasting smells

titipoh

• Penghuni
  • No. 20, BM6/1B
« Reply #11 on: 25 Sep, 07:50:10 PM »

yeahh but dont overtake supplment also la. sometimes its too much sugar la and all. so kena jaga diet yg kita boleh trust la product nya.. ohh is safi very good? i heard about thm quite a lot. how long have u been using them?
True somehow the supplement also on certain product have sugar. Yeah I use safi just for 2 months and I love how the product works on me I have no itchy scalp and my hair is not over dry.

titipoh

• Penghuni
  • No. 20, BM6/1B
« Reply #12 on: 25 Sep, 08:06:16 PM »
for shampoo i use safi shayla supa smooth & fragrant, then the rest is from safi the leave on cream n hair mask from watson brand. its only when needed then i use the hair mask. but i do recc u to use the shampoo its really good w the long lasting smells
This is true! The smell doesnt even sting or bother or even give headache, which also last until 3 days without wash. If someone who is active and easily sweat this shampoo is really recommended to give it a try!

amyraros

• Penghuni
  • I Love Putra Mahkota
« Reply #13 on: 25 Sep, 09:42:03 PM »

ohhh where did u get them? i think its avaialble everywhere rightt. bcs tomorrow im going to watsons. feeling like trying their leave on cream. who knows itll be great to my hair

wahidan

• Penghuni
  • I Love Putra Mahkota
« Reply #14 on: 25 Sep, 10:11:06 PM »

True somehow the supplement also on certain product have sugar. Yeah I use safi just for 2 months and I love how the product works on me I have no itchy scalp and my hair is not over dry.
thats rightt .. also if we get supplement but still didnt take care of our health. that is not good also. ohhh uve used them for 2 months alreadyy? thats really nicee. i think im gonna try them soon. do u use them everyday or only after shampoo?